Hi folks, the dh and I decided on a quick camping trip to the beach this weekend and thought Hunting Island sounded very nice. We have a few questions, though, about things not mentioned or unclear on the park website:
- How far in driving time is Hunting Island from I-95? How about from Hunting Island to Parris Island? (The hubby's an ex-Marine. I would think he'd never want to see Parris Island again, but I'm a civilian so what do I know?)
- How bad are the bugs this time of year? Are they usually so thick that I will need sleeves and long pants, or will a quick once-over of bug spray do? Or maybe they won't even be a problem... is that a pipe dream, or what? :)
- Does anyone know if you can rent bikes while on the island, and if so, a ballpark cost?
- How about those raccoons? Anyone know if the tent campsites have those little houses at each site to stash your food, or bear cables to raise your food out of little paws' reach?
- Any other words of advice or tips about fun stuff we shouldn't miss?