We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

San Diego, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

I am the maid of honor living in Southern CA. I used to live in Martha's Vineyard and Cape Cod. I would like to find a charming place for 40 people to host a Martha Stewart like bridal shower. I was even thinking of a Tea Luncheon. Any suggestions in the RI area for the set date of 4/26/08? Thanks a bunch!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

I'm from Rhode Island and had my bridal shower at Wilcox Tavern (on route 1 in Charlestown -- southwestern part of the state). It was lovely and we had a private room to ourselves.

http://www.wilcoxtavern.com/

However, it's NOT on the water if that's what you're looking for.

Narragansett, RI
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

check out www.silverlakecottage.com Wonderful view, delightful hosts, historic home and b&b

Seekonk, MA
Level Contributor
336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

The wharf tavern in Warren is where I had my wedding reception. The up stairs is not very big, holds about 120. The building is actually in the water. Water view in three directions. There is a small deck off to the side of the room.

My wife had her shower at the Officers Club in Newport.

Trouble is Warren is not near North Kingstown, not far for anybody but a Rhode Islander

bridgeport, ct
Level Contributor
475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

Yum, I LOVE the wharf tavern. The food is so good. I have never been to a "function" there but it is a lovely restaurant on the water. If the previous poster recommends it for a function, I can second it in terms of food!

Every time I go to see my parents I ask to go to the wharf tavern for dinner.

www.wharftavernri.com/virtual_tour9.htm

5. Re: Recommendation for a venue for Bridal Shower on 4/26/08 RI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about North Kingstown