We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

new york, NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

Hi, any suggestions please? :-) Last year we went to Cape Cod and loved it but want to try something new. However, with a young toddler we will need a suite room with a fridge. Also would love to stay where we have beach privileges since that was an issue in Cape Cod and also a pool

thanks very much

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
40 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

The Lighthouse inn, village inn hotel and conference center, and Shells by the Sea (a B&B) are all located in Narragansett are are the only ones i know of that offer pools however I dont think any of them offer kitchens. You may want to do more research on that but they I beleive that they are all just hotels.

I would suggest staying is Westerly RI it is the south western corner of the state. They offer some beautiful beaches as well as shopping and dining. In westerly I would suggest Breezeway Resort http://breezewayresort.com/ it offers suites, and villas so you can have a kitchen, it has a pool and is walking distance to the beach. The Ocean Club oceanclubresort.net is also near the beach and offers a kitchen, and pool. You may also want to check out oceanhouseri.com they have a pool and are right on the beach but I don't know if they offer any rooms with kitchens.

Mentioned in this post
Westerly
Westerly
South County, RI
Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

over $1500 a night? No thanks.

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

Yes that's very high-end, there are lower end places, though nothing is cheap here in the summer. Try the towns of Chalestown or Westerly. There are a lot more public beach options in RI, but not that many places right on the beach, often just a short drive away, worth it IMO, although you would might have to pay beach parking.

Mentioned in this post
Westerly
Westerly
South County, RI
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

Try The Willows in Charlestown

http://www.thewillowsinnri.com/

It is nothing fancy. It's an old-fashioned family resort place. It's a great place to go with kids because you don't have to leave the resort to enjoy yourself. Just about everyone had kids with them when we were there. We had a small cabin there a few years back. Clean and basic and we did have a fridge. There were boats free for guests to use on the salt pond it sits on, sunfish and row boats. The only thing is I doubt there are beach passes included.

And the best beaches for kids, by far, are Salty Brine State Beach and Wheeler Beach (they are actually at opposite ends of the same strip of sand). They are inside the Harbor of Refuge, so the surf is gentle and the beach slopes gently into the sea. The rest of our southern facing beaches have steep drop-offs and the surf can be big, with an undertow.

Another possibility for you might be to find a summer rental in the Sand Hill Cove area (the original name of Wheeler Beach). Then you'd be able to walk to the beach (free), have a fridge, and maybe pick up a cheap kiddie pool for the yard.

Mentioned in this post
Charlestown
Charlestown
South County, RI
Salty Brine State Beach
Salty Brine State Beach
76 Reviews
Narragansett, RI
Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

Maybe consider the Pleasant View Inn in Misquamicut. It is beachside, and has a pool. I think they have poolside mini suites, with firdges and microwaves.

http://www.pvinn.com/

6. Re: Looking for a family friendly beach hotel with suite and poo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, July 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Narragansett