We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Block Island from downtown Newport

naples, florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Block Island from downtown Newport

I will be staying in Newport Labor Day weekend and was wondering if there is a ferry service from downtown or do I have to drive to Judith Point to get the ferry to Block Island?

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Block Island from downtown Newport

Hi -I found this information for you: see below. I am from RI and I had no idea myself that there is a ferry from Newport...hope this helps.

Block Island Ferry Service is available year-round from Pt. Judith, RI and seasonally from Fort Adams in Newport, RI to Block Island town center (Old Harbor, RI). Ferries from Pt. Judith accommodate cars and passengers. Sailing time is 55 minutes. Car reservations are necessary. Service from Newport takes passengers only. Sailing time is 2 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Block Island Ferry
Block Island Ferry
431 Reviews
Narragansett, RI
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
2. Re: Getting to Block Island from downtown Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 16, 2009