We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Block Island

New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Block Island

We are an adult couple with a dog looking to rent a house on Block Island for a week. I have been in touch with some realtors, and they have offered me several possibilities, but I'm not familiar with the island, so I don't know which areas would be best for us. We are looking for quiet, relaxing time where we can slow down and enjoy the natural beauty that the island has to offer. What part of the island should we be looking for? Are there neighborhoods/beaches that we should keep an eye out for in the links that are sent to us by realtors? Thanks (in advance) for your help!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Block Island

The island is so small that there are pretty much 3 areas: Old Harbor, which is more lively with restaurants, hotels and bars. New Harbor has a busy marina, a couple of restaurants, a movie theater and not much else. Then there is the rest of the island. If the house is not located in either Old or New Harbor it will most likely be quiet, barring any unfortunate neighbors.

I would simply inform the rental agents what you're specifically looking for... quiet... and I bet they will accomodate you.

Edited: 8:24 pm, June 02, 2012
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Block Island

I agree with Lauryc. The island is approx. 8 miles long by 3 miles wide and outside of the 2 "hubs", for lack of a better term, you will find what you are looking for.

JDP

3. Re: Where to stay on Block Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 21, 2013