We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice pleaseeeeeeee.

long island
1 post
Save Topic
advice pleaseeeeeeee.

The day after my Sweet 16 party, my friends and I are looking to go away for a few days. I was thinking about Block Island because there's alot of beaches and it's not too far. Is there alot to do for teenagers? Also, are there alot of other teenagers that visit because we want to meet new people?

Anddd also, where's a good place to stay thats right on the beach?

Coventry, Rhode...
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice pleaseeeeeeee.

Block Island is a pretty laid back place. Beaches are about the best the island has to offer. Since you aren't drinking age, the nightlife is out for you. In the summer the island does get busy with tourists, many day trippers, coming over on the ferry. Nights are quieter. Ballard's Inn is right on the beach. The National Hotel is only a block or so away, right on the "main drag", Water Street.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice pleaseeeeeeee.

BI is a great place for any age. The beaches are fantastic. I would recommend Mansion Beach. You can also rent bikes and explore the island. Ride over to Champlains and they have bumper boats. Or you can visit the pier at Ballards and go for a banana boat ride. You and your friends would love that. As far as other teenagers, if you go during the summer months there are plenty of people to mingle with.

Have fun.

Block Island
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice pleaseeeeeeee.

Hey Sweet 16: It depends on when you are planning to visit. If your trip is before Memorial Day weekend, it's pretty quiet on this island. The only teenagers you'll find are the island kids, a great bunch but just a handful in number.

As summer approaches it gets busier and you will find kids from all around the Northeast and further here. Some are visiting for a short time and others are here and working for the summer.

You can find places to stay close to the beach. Some Hotels, Inns or Rental Houses have great views and you can easily walk to the beach.

4. Re: advice pleaseeeeeeee.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 22, 2009