We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Atlantic Inn gave me the hives from the mold problem!

RHODE ISLAND
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Atlantic Inn gave me the hives from the mold problem!

I would advise any one planning a wedding on Block Island to stay completely away from The Atlantic Inn. I stayed there one night and the mold smell was enough to make you break out in hives! The rooms are very small and the employees are not hospitable in the least! I ate in the Dining room and the portions are very small and extremely pricey! When I went to check out there were extra charges on my bill that the owner could not justify so he removed them,imagine if I wasn't paying attention! Do your self a favor and stay at the Spring House or the 1661! The Atlantic Inn is a Horror scene!

tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Atlantic Inn gave me the hives from the mold problem!

I can't imagine how you could have such an experience. I have stayed at the Atlantic in on several occations and have had a wonderful experience. The Bed and Breakfast concept is not for everyone and obviously this person didn't know what to expect or had unrealistic expectations. The restuarant is world class. Tappas on the lawn are wonderful. The rooms are small as they should be. This is not the Hilton. My family has had nothing but an enjoyable experience with the facilities and the staff. They truely go out of their way to make your stay a pleasurable experience. If you are looking for a quiet, quaint and wonderfull stay you can't miss. I can't say enough about the positive experience we have had at the Inn. We will definatly be back.

P.S. Even the President of the United States and his family have enjoyed the dining experience at the Atlantic Inn. You'll see pictures of President Clinton in the dining room with the owners.

Enough Said.

2. Re: The Atlantic Inn gave me the hives from the mold problem!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 04, 2009