We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tyrone Pennsyvlania

PA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tyrone Pennsyvlania

I am traveling to Tyrone PA this weekend for a re-enactment with my daughter. We would like to camp and take our kayaks with us. We were hoping to kayak a section of the Juniata river. We are beginners so we were hoping to find a scenic but calm area of the river to boat on. Any suggestions ? Would also enjoy to hear about anything else in that area that we may want to visit while we are there. I know of Raystown lake was there a few weeks ago so wasn't realy interested in going back. It was great but looking for a smaller water way to kayak.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
984 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tyrone Pennsyvlania

Have you checked out the Pennsylvania water trails? Here is a link:

fish.state.pa.us/watertrails/trailindex.htm

Most of the streams and creeks are very gentle and great for beginners. We did the Raystown Branch of the Juniata some years ago and had a great time. (In other parts of the state, we've also done the Clarion, the Swatara, and the Conodoguinet.)

Good luck!

2. Re: Tyrone Pennsyvlania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Tyrone