We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summit Inn, in the Poconos

West Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Help!!!! Has anyone heard of this resort? I visited it 10 years ago and want too again, but I think it went up for sale, and new owners changed the name.. It was a beautiful resort and reminded me of the "Kellermans" from the movie Dirty Dancing.... HELP

thanks

169 replies to this topic
Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Michelle,

If I am not mistaken, the Summit went out of business.

I am heading out that way this evening and I will check it out for you to be sure.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Thanks so much!!

Iam hoping that someone else bought it and renamed it.. I sure would like to go there again..

Thanks again, Michelle

Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Sorry, was just out there and it is all boarded up, looks like it hasn't been entered in a long time.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Hi there! We went to the Summit Resort of the Poconos in Tannersville for our 25th anniversary & had a wonderful time but it was a little run down unfortunately. It has since closed. However can I recommend Caesars Pocono Resorts? There are 4 of them much like the Summit with swimming pools in the rooms, etc. We go often & always have a great time! There website is www.cpresorts.com Check them out!

Brooklyn,New york
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

My husband visited the Summit Resort years ago before we were together. He told me it was closing when we started dating in 2003. I will agree with the previous person and recommend Caesars pocono resorts.

My husband and I go twice a year and become "forever Lovers"(when you've gone three times). there are four resorts to chose from and diffrent suites. The entertainment is good too.

sorry about "Summit". Hope you love Caesars as much as I do.

Mickkibrooklyn,newyork

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Yes Summit is closed down as I just passed it the other day. My friend who is a realtor in the area said some stores will be taking its place.

I have been to Ceasers many times and you cant go wrong with their resorts, In my opinion they were much much better than Summit so you should give it a try. My favs are Cove Haven and Pocono Palace. Paradise Stream is ok if you are into a smaller cozier place.

albany,ny
1 post
7. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

Him my husband and I also went to the summit on our honeymoon. We were thinking of going to the poconos for our 10th anniversary this year. Does anyone remember the town, city , or county it was in? I loved the area and would like to stay close by.

Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

It is located just off the Tannersville exit on RT 80. It looks like that is exit number 299. and that would be Monroe County.

Anywhere withing 10 to 15 miles of that area would put you close to easy access in the Poconos.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

There is Ceasers Pocono Palace in Marshalls Creek in the area which is a great resort. Paradise Stream also not very far away and a bit further is Cove Haven. My favs were Pocono Palace and Cove Haven (paradise stream was smaller than the other two resorts and not as many activities). I highly recommend Ceasers

Chicago
3 posts
10. Re: Summit Inn, in the Poconos

My wife and I stayed at Summit when We married in 1988. Up the street was Kelly's Diner. Does anybody remember it. Really good comfort food. Great Apple pie. Is it still there? We'd be willing to take a road trip just for the pie.

Thanks,

Pete W

Homewood, IL

Reply to: Summit Inn, in the Poconos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted