We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater

Which Strasburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
85 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater

Any recommendations for a hotel that is on the nicer side. Thinking comparable to a Marriott/Hilton quality that is close by. WE would like one with an indoor pool if possible.

I saw the Hershey Lodge - is that close enough for a day trip or should we stay closer.

Thank you for your help!

3 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater

I stayed at The Fulton Steamboat Inn which was great, but I've heard that the Best Western Eden Resort is even nicer.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater

Hershey Lodge will be an hour or more drive .

It is nice and family friendly. There are alos many things to do in Hershey.

There is a Marriot in Downtown Lancaster which would be about 15-20 minute drive. It is also within walking distance of many interesting restaurrants in Downtown Lancaster,in addition to the Central Market, which is worth a visit on Market days(Tuesday, Friday and Saturday).

Agree that Fulton Steamboat Inn is the nicest hotel in the neighborhood( Its about two miles to Sight and Sound)

Edited: 2:13 pm, January 05, 2014
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater

There is absolutely NO reason to stay in Hershey if you are coming to Lancaster for Sight & Sound. If you're bringing the kids, I'd highly recommend the Fulton Steamboat, which is just minutes from the theater and also close to shopping and other Amish attractions. Other than the Fulton or the Eden, I'd avoid all other hotels on Rt 30.

Reply to: Nice Hotel when Visiting Sight & Sound Theater
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Strasburg