We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

Has anyone used a catering co. for a tailgate? We will have an RV and will be hosting business associates before the Michigan State game and it would be nice to have catering delivered rather than bring food with us from Virginia! I've looked into Harrison's and Kelly's; any thoughts on those 2 choices or any other suggestions that I may have overlooked? They usually like a pretty high-end menu, i.e. smoked salmon rather than hot dogs! Thanks!

State College...
Level Contributor
214 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

Harrison's and Kelly's are both excellent choices. Not sure of your budget, but I assume you want something pretty nice since it's a business affair. Those two restaurants have very good reputations locally. Kelly's might be a little more slanted toward seafood entrees focusing on the Pacific Northwest. Their burgers are tasty, too, though. Harrison's is located in the Hilton Garden Inn very near the stadium. They make delicious soups. You really can't go wrong with either one IMHO. I've eaten at both places recently and it's a toss up. Kelly's offered a scrumptious crab/artichoke dip!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

Thanks so much for your response. The CEO loves Salmon, so we always want to make sure it's good!

You're right, since it's a corporate event the budget is bigger than if it were coming out of our wallets. We're more concerned with it being great food and running smoothly, and it sounds like we don't really need to worry about it.

Thanks again!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

Not all that many options available - we've used Hoag's Catering in the past and they are extremely reliable. I'm not sure how large of an event you're planning but they are very flexible when it comes to menu and price.

We booked them for the Syracuse game last year and they arrived early, served breakfast, worked the bar and removed garbage after.

Have fun!

4. Re: Tailgate Catering for PSU Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 14, 2011
Get answers to your questions about State College