We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and dine in State College?

Which State College hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
11 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay and dine in State College?

I'm looking for a nice place to stay and dine in State College. How is the Nittany Lion Inn these days? Also, I'm trying to find a nice place to have a romantic meal. Any suggestions?

State college, pa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Where to stay? Depends how old ar you? Which end of town do you like? Personally I like the south endof town. Happy Valley Motor Inn is inexpesive. and the restaurant there 'Faccia Luna' is great med priced hand mde everything pizza(wood fired oven) Hand made pasta ravioli etc. greaa service

I love nittany lion inn and had my wedding reception there. Wonderful food. Friday is the seafood buffet.

So many great places to eat in s.c. my favorite is the All american Ale house and grill. Great food bu peple who are younger than 30 may not appreciate the music. Oldies but moldies. I personally love the place. Another good one is Spats( romance with a capital R!!) Make reservations and request a window seat(a definite must) I have to go now if you need more info debbieg126@statecollege.com I'm not trying to sell you anything, just passing along some info. I've been to just about every restaurant in town been here almost 20 years now. AND I LOVE GOOD FOOOD AND GOOD SERVICE!!

Pittsburgh, PA
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Thanks for the info Debbieg! We're definitely older than 30 (oldies, but not moldies (yet)!!). I'll definitely try Spats for dinner...it sounds great.

state college, pa
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Provided you have the cash to burn (hello Ben Franklin) Carnegie House is where I go for romance with a capital R. Get there early enough to have a glass of wine on the patio, looking out to the 18th green and a nice bed of flowers. Intimate setting with very nice and classy decor inside. Food is stupendous. Worth the ample money it takes to eat a fully coursed meal with wine.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

I have always like the Autoport, especially for breakfast.

Pittsburgh
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

I also am looking for a romantic one-night getaway with my husband to State College, and there is some really helpful info being posted here. Does anyone have experience with the Ramada Inn and Conference Center? It sounds good for the price. I would also appreciate dinner suggestions. Dinner does not have to be romantic, just good and not noisy or smoky. (Maybe that's the same as being romantic.)

Langhorne
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Ramada Inn. Yuk Yuk and YUK , My husband and I stayed there during our son's family frat weekend. Musty outdated room, the bare minimun. Try another place. The Marriot was great.

Pennsylvania
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Romance? Zola Bistro on College Ave. in State College. Also nearby are the Gamble Mill Tavern in Bellefonte, a twenty minute ride. The Carnegie House is as described above, and would be great for an intimate, quiet dinner. Spats? It's too closely packed and noisy to be "romantic" in my humble opinion. Zola's, Gamble Mill or Carnegie House are at the top of the list.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

Don't stay at the Ramada! The Sleep Inn is excellent and is very reasonably priced. The Hampton Inn and Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Hampton Inn are all nice hotels.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

I agree with the previous post. The whole area at "Williamsburg Square" consists of new hotels in a cul de sac area that includes Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden. There is a large shopping area across the street and Toftrees Resorts is just down the road.

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it was clean, new and comfortable. Nice price, too. Just beware that some of the front desk staff tend to be "overly" friendly and will try to "fraternize" with the hotel guests...even the married ones. Honestly, I don't know why they don't have a rule against it, but apparently they don't.

10. Re: Where to stay and dine in State College?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about State College