We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice

Yardley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Advice

Hi all, looking for a decent hotel for an overnight stay in July convenient to the Reading Phils ballpark. Appreciate any help.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice

Check out the TA reviews under "Reading Hotels" on the left side of this page, then bring up the "map view" and enter Reading Phillies in the area on the map and it will show you the hotels and their rankings.

United States
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice

Go for the Marriot on Park road, its newer, its right across from the VF outlets if you want to shop, and if you want to drink, its in walking distance to Viva for music and martinis. If you don't like that one, check out the hotels by the mall.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice

Thanks ALM. Always try to get the advice of a local when I travel. The reviews on TA are subjective and sometimes inaccurate. I'll check out the Marriot.

Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice

The Marriot is the newest hotel in the area, but also the most expensive. It's not extremely close to the R-Phils ballpark, but it's easily accessible to the two major highways that you'll need to utilize to get there. There's at least one or two motels closer, but you're probably better off staying at the Marriot just for the newness of it all, unless you're not super picky. But the Marriot is in a very nice location(I actually work down the street, so I'm quite familiar), with dining places nearby and the main street of West Reading is just a few blocks. It's usually bustling on a Friday evening, with lots of outdoor dining, cute specialty shows and 3 great cupcake bakeries within a three block radius.

Have a good time at your game!

Mentioned in this post
Reading
Reading
Pennsylvania
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Advice

Please note that some Reading hotels are listed under Wyomissing.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Advice

The closest hotel to the stadium is a Comfort Inn (2200 Stacey Dr (near the 5th Street Highway). But about 4 miles south on Route 12 are several hotels which are close to shopping and lots of restaurants. The stadium is right off of Route 12. The Hampton Inn on Papermill Rd, Wyomissing PA is very nice, we stayed there when we had to be out of our home due to a bathroom remodel. We found the Hampton to be clean and comfortable. Also near the Hampton Inn are a Days Inn, Econo Lodge, & Crowne Plaza. The Courtyard is not right in that area but very close. As above most of the hotel addresses are listed as Wyomissing but if you go on any of the hotel chain websites and put in Reading these are the hotels that will come up. There is a Best Western Plus that is located in Shillington, several people have told me it is nice but that is a few more miles to travel from the stadium.

7. Re: Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, March 28, 2018