We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe is pottsville.....

india
1 post
Save Topic
how safe is pottsville.....

hi,

i am thinking of moving to pottsville....would like to know how safe & resourceful is the place....is it depressing.....do they have good library/gym/local amenities there........

thanks for any info......

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how safe is pottsville.....

Well...I live in a town on the outskirts of Pottsville. To answer your question would depend on what type of city you are coming from.

I moved from a small town in WV so, it had more here than I was used to. It is a small area though.

It is completely safe. The library is okay, there are some gyms, but not big name ones like Ballys or anything.

There are a lot of things withing 30 min to 1 1/2 hour driving distances around Pottsville.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how safe is pottsville.....

The library was expanded a few years ago, there is an arts and cultural center, the mall for shopping is pretty small and many people go to Reading (about 45 minutes) or Philadelphia (2 hours) for shopping at least occassionally. The region is considered economically depressed, but that also means those with a reliable steady job or profession can live relativelly well with low housing costs. I see you are posting from India. I believe there is fairly large community of immigrants from India and other parts of Asia primarily in the medical field. Many have settled in newer developments outside of Pottsville proper.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Get answers to your questions about Pottsville