We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

Hi Everyone:

My teenage boys and I are staying at the Hyatt south side in the last week of August. We're driving to Pittsburgh and have tickets to the Pirates/Cardinals on the afternoon of Aug. 27th. We've also got tickets for the Steelers on Aug. 28th. I know the hotel has a shuttle to and from downtown, I think that might work well for baseball (probably can walk to PNC park from somewhere downtown?) but on Thursday night the game probably won't end until about 10:30 or so. Am I best to buy a parking pass off a ticket reseller (StubHub etc) and just drive to the game (it's pre-season, so the parking passes on SH seem pretty reasonable, $25 or so), or try to work out some sort of transit? (for example, would there be some kind of park 'n ride for the Steelers game on the south side?).

Thanks,

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

Let others chime in, but my first thought would be to have the hotel shuttle take you to the First Avenue Garage, from where you can catch the "T" to the game... and back. You could drive to the garage easily from the hotel, but if they have a shuttle, I'd use that. The "T" will be an absolute madness after the game, you may have to wait for a few trains before getting on one - - BUT it is free from the stadium to the First Avenue Garage. You could call the hotel from the garage once you get off. This would work with both games.

Edited: 6:32 pm, August 11, 2014
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

You could take one of the Gateway Clipper fleet boats to the games. They're located at Station Square. You're boys might find that fun!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

The boats are fun but $10 each way. However, you can take them one way and return via the T for free downtown or for $2.50 to get to Station Square (closest stop to your hotel.) After the games it will be madness for either but it does go quickly. If you ride the T to and from Station Square there will be less traffic.

4. Re: Best Way to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 26, 2015