We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt House vs. Hyatt Place?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt House vs. Hyatt Place?

For an overnight stay in July, which offers better sightseeing and restaurants within walking distance? I plan to use a voucher, so price difference is not an issue.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt House vs. Hyatt Place?

Hyatt House is in South Side Works, which is an outdoor mall area with plenty of restaurants in walking distance but probably nothing that would count as a sightseeing destination within walking distance. At the other end of E. Carson Street on the South Side are some tourist activities: one of the inclines, and the various boat rides available from the Gateway Clipper fleet. Not walkable really, kind of far and part of it is a rather desolate stretch with fast traffic.

Hyatt Place is near the two stadiums on the North Side, and you could walk to the Warhol Museum and the National Aviary from there. I'm not as familiar with the restaurant scene right near the hotel, but there are plenty downtown, which is within walking distance or you could take our mini-subway system and that is free from there to town.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt House vs. Hyatt Place?

Thank you! I'm looking forward to staying in Pittsburgh for the first time.

3. Re: Hyatt House vs. Hyatt Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 14, 2015