We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montoursville...
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

Coming to town for hockey game and looking for a great burger joint with a great beer selection which is closest to Consol Energy Center, preferrably within walking distance if possible?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

The Sharp Edge in in the 900 block of Penn Avenue, definitely walkable and probably best meets your culinary requirements. There would be closer places, I'm sure, but maybe none better.

Montoursville...
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

Just to add: My husband is a huge fan of IPA beers, so this is a must. I was looking at Tessaro's or The Sharp Edge-how are these?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

I like burgers at Wingharts in Market Square. This is definitely walking distance to Consol Energy Center (maybe 10 mins, tops). Many Hockey Fans park at the 6th St Garage (6th and Ft Duquesne Blvd) which is just $5.00, eat in Market Square (Diamond Market Grill & Primanti's Bros are also here), and then walk to Consol for the Game. If you want, you can walk back Downtown afterwards (safe & faster), but if it bothers you, you can always take the "T" (FREE) from Steel Plaza Station to Gateway Station, and then walk the couple blocks to the 6th St Garage.

Souper Bowl and 5th Ave Cafe are practically right across the street from Consol Energy Center and are also very popular with Hockey Fans. Of the two, I prefer the 5th Ave Cafe.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

Sorry. I always get that name wrong: "Cafe 5th" (not "5th Ave Cafe"). Good burgers. Not sure about the IPA, but I guess you could call them to be sure. Check out their website if interested.

"Tessaro's" has probably the best burgers in town, but they are in Bloomfield, not really close to the Consol Center at all. You would have to drive or take a bus there and back for the Hockey Game.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

Never eaten at the Sharp Edge in town but we like the food at their other locations. They are known for their selection of Belgians, but have many craft brews as well.

LOVE the burgers at Wingharts! They also have a good beer selection. The atmosphere is divey, but in a fun way. Sharp Edge is more gastropub, if this matters.

6. Re: Best place for great burgers and beers near Consol Energy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 24, 2014