We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotel near airport

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable hotel near airport

I'm leaving on a cruise in a couple of weeks with some girlfriends, but not my husband. I'd like to to find a hotel fairly close to the airport where we could have the day together before I have to leave the next day. I'm looking for clean, really affordable and within 1/2 hr. of the airport.

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

Here is a site for Pittsburgh Airport Hotels.

http://pittsburgh.airporthotelguide.com/

You can also check Hotwire.....I usually opt for a 3 star*** or better and always get something nice and close. Last time I got the Sheraton Four Points less than 5 miles away.

www.hotwire.com/hotel/results.jsp…

If anyone traveling with you has a AAA membership, you can always find good recommendations and rates on their site.

I have friends who have stayed at the Red Roof Inn on Steubenville Pike they and have been happy with their choice.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

Thanks so much for the information, I love TripAdvisor it has always been so helpful.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

Thanks so much for the information, I love TripAdvisor it has always been so helpful.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

If you are looking to hang out and eat, maybe shop - there are 3 hotels nearby Robinson Mall and particularly, Settlers Ridge (shopping areas). Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express (on Campbells Run) and a newer Courtyard.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

that would be great, thank you.any idea as to how far from the airport?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

Those and the Red Roof Inn are no more than 10-15 minutes from the Airport. All are right along the I-376 corridor with easy access to the highway.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

I just bid $46 on a 3.5 star for PIT airport area on Priceline and got Crowne Plaza. It's 8 mi/ 12 mi drive to airport. I was hoping for Hyatt Regency that is connected to the airport, which several friends reco when they flew out of PIT. It's only one night and $46 is worth it to me.

8. Re: Affordable hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2014