We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Columbus OH
Level Contributor
157 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Hello everyone.

We're coming from Ohio to see the Buffett show at first energy pavilion. Just had a few questions about the venue since this will be our first time there.

How bad is traffic? Getting in and out? We have been to blossom music outside of Cleveland so have been through many a concert traffic jams so we know to get there early and plan to wait it out late if needed.

What time does the parking lot open the day of the show? We plan to show up early, 1pm if possible to tailgate and cook out like most do before a Buffett show. What also is policy on small grills, portable canopy, and adult beverages in the lot before the show.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Here are 2 recent posts with some links in them, to give you some basic information.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g53449-i352-k61580…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g53449-i352-k55120…

In addition, the Ticketmaster site has venue information.

ticketmaster.com/First-Niagara-Pavilion-tick…

I'm assuming that your ticket will state when the parking lots open.

Jerome, Arizona
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Rudy, plan to stay late! The earlier you arrive at First Niagara, the further back they will park you in the lot!

It is a very big lot and you will not be alone, as I know folks who get there very early to park their cars, swim in their blow up pools, grill, set up their palm trees, and drink like fish! I can't give you an exact opening time for the parking lot, as they change from concert to concert, but check out livenation.com and it will indicate same probably closer to the show.

Getting out of the concert, depending on where you are parked, could take up to two and a half hours (no joke). They used to sell VIP parking tickets, but no longer do this as the price of parking is now incorporated into the price of your ticket.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Actually, they still do sell VIP Parking, or this website is incorrect.

ticketmaster.com/First-Niagara-Pavilion-VIP-…

Columbus OH
Level Contributor
157 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Thanks for the info everyone. Yeah tailgating is part of the fun. We expect a hour or 2 to get out of the lot. Been to a lot of NASCAR races and its the norm to hang out and cook some food and wait for the traffic to clear out.

Should be a good time, we are very much looking forward to it

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
767 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Looks like you have the right idea. After the concert, cook some food and take your time. By the time you're done eating, you can usually drive out relatively easily.

Columbus OH
Level Contributor
157 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

Has anyone heard on what time the lots will open for this show yet? It was not on the tickets or any o the info with the tickets, it just said TBA? Phone calls to the venue have produced no answers either.

I know it's a month away, we're just trying to coordinate travel times an child care for when we will be out of town and need the info so we can inform everyone involved of the plans,

Thanks

WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

We plan on being in the parking lot by 3. They open the lots early because traffic backup on the highway.

8. Re: Jimmy Buffett July 18,2013 first energy pavilion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2014