We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best spa near or in Pittsburgh

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best spa near or in Pittsburgh

Visiting Pitsburgh in two weeks for a conference, we are staying at Station Square but will have a vehicle. Would love to spend a day at a spa can anyone recommend one? Also which museum is your favorite?

Thanks!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

I did a report on this recently under a thread titled "Bachelorette Party Ideas" (dated 2/16/13). There are several nice day spas in South Side and a very nice one at the Fairmont Hotel Downtown. See the aforementioned thread for details.

I suggest if you want to visit one attraction while in Pittsburgh, make it the spectacular Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park (Oakland). You will find numerous reviews of this beautiful indoor Victorian Glass House and Botanical Garden here on TA.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

Correction: The Day Spa thread is dated 2/18/13.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

hi..there are two spas I would recommend in Pittsburgh..one is very close to your station square location and the other is about an hour and a half away but worth it...Spa Jema is in the city and rite across the river from Station Square in the actual downtown area....i had a super relaxing couples massage there and the spa is gorgeous/organic!...the other spa I would HIGHLY recommend is Nemacolin...the hockey team uses it on a regular basis and has a michelin 5 star rating....also in close proximity to Nemacolin is Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water which is a MUST DO for museums in the pittsburgh area...if you decide to stay local the only world class museum I recommend in the city is the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History...great art exhibit and teeney harris photography exhibit is ending soon! have fun

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

Thanks so much for your info. I visited Spa Jema last time I was in Pittsburgh but was not impressed. They weren't very friendly or accomadating. Have you been to any of the spas in the south side area? Also, how is the comedy club at the Waterfront?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

o sorry to hear that!..no, i havent been to any spas on the Southside...just Nemacolin...i havent been to the comedy club either, but whenever I am at the Waterfront at night and parking near it, it is always very crowded and it has been there for a while in comparison to alot of places leaving the waterfront due to the economy....so it must do well...there is some sort of sing-along-bar right beside it and Dave and Busters is close, too...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

You may want to check the "Bachelorette Party Ideas" thread again (from 3/1/13) for more Day Spa suggestions. These are in the near South Hills of Pittsburgh, just a short (25 min) "T" ride away from Downtown. The community is called Mt Lebanon, and it is a very cute, safe and upscale neighborhood with many different little shops and restaurants. I would recommend "LaPompanee" first in this area for its friendly staff and romantic feel, but there are several other options all w/i a couple of blocks of each other.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

I agree, Hdmorrion03. My company Christmas party is at Grand Concourse every year, and I'm always looking for a spa too in Station Square or Downtown area. We had a couples massage and pedicure at Spa Jema. Everyone raves about this place, but we both requested "light touch" for massages and were instead in extreme pain after mentioning it several times! Our pedicures, sauna, & unlimited champagne was great but the one thing we looked forward to was the worst part!

Unfortunately, I also looked at the online spa menu for the Fairmont spa and there is only a handful of things to choose from - no facials or wraps.

Does anyone have anything new in the post for suggestions?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
18 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

My favorite spa in Pittsburgh is Esspa Kozmetika. Hands down! It's about a 15-20 min drive from Station Square - depending on traffic.

9. Re: best spa near or in Pittsburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2014