Me and my gf (mid 20s, from Toronto) are set on visiting Pittsburgh from Dec 7-11 for 3 nights and 4 days. Shopping is obviously a big reason why we're here, but I want to maximize the time and do more than just the ordinary. So I am looking for advice/suggestions on what to do and I also have a few questions to ask.
My first question:
1. How is the Dec 7-11 time period for shopping? Is it good or bad that it's 2 weeks after Black Friday? Am I better off coming a month later, say after Christmas/New Year? I want good deals but I want to avoid the Black Friday crowd at all costs.
2. What's the best area to stay in? Any specific hotel recommendations? Cheap is good.
3. We LOVE American food. We LOVE inexpensive food with HUGE portions. We love that American TV show DDD - Diners, Dives, Drive-Ins. I want to gain 10 lbs on this trip! Where should we go specifically for that?
We plan to visit Grove City Premium Outlets, Millcreek Mall maybe? (at Erie, on the way on I-90), Tanger Outlet for Saks (suggested by TA), Ross Park for the higher brands (suggested by TA). Should we check out anywhere else? We want good deals on good brands.
Other possible interests:
1. STEELERS vs CHARGERS NFL GAME
I've never been to a live NFL game..is it worth $100/ticket? How good will this matchup be? What's the best place to buy tickets (online before hand, or buy it there from scalpers???) No disrespect...but the BILLS vs RAMS game is only $38/ticket. And I know the Buffalo Bills are crap, but if I'm going just for the experience, should I even consider the Bills game?
2. Carnegie Museum of Natural History
We like museums. Is this the best museum Pittsburgh has to offer? A must see?
Definitely sounds interesting!
May or may not visit.
Did I miss any Pittsburgh "gems"? Is there anything I should know of??? Thanks!!!Edited: 2:48 am, November 19, 2012