We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Garages

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Parking Garages

I have been summoned as a juy member. Since I don't work in downtown Pgh., I would like to know which parking garage is either closet and/or cheapest to the courthouse location on Grant and Seventh Street. Any suggestions for a quick lunch in that area would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Garages

there is a lot right across from the court house but I think it is $20 for a day.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Garages

Sounds like this is federal jury duty, if you're at Grant and 7th? There are plenty of garages nearby, probably the one at the bus station is the nicest and easiest to get to. There are places to eat at the US Steel Plaza across 7th, an Au Bon down 7th from Grant, a cafeteria inside the Koppers Building, a restaurant (I think it is called Cafe Euro these days) on the ground floor of the US Steel Building, you can get take out from Eadie's Catering in the building where the Steel Plaza T station is and then sit outside in the US Steel Plaza. Plenty of options, you won't go hungry.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Garages

The 1st Ave Garage at the "T" Station has a max Daily Rate @$8.75. It is on 1st Ave, just past "B" St, next to PNC Firstside Bank. This lot is about 3-4 longish blocks from the Courthouse.

Next to Macy's back door, on Forbes Ave, just off Grant St, is the Apollo Cafe. It is practically across the street from the Courthouse. They serve delicious, inexpensive and homemade meals, with daily specials, so you won't get bored if the trial happens to drag on!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Garages

If this is Federal Court, and you feel 6-7 blocks along Grant St is too far to walk, you could still park at 1st Ave Garage and take the "T" from 1st Ave Station for to Steel Plaza for FREE.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Garages

Update to my response: The restaurant in the bottom of the US Steel Tower is Damon's now, and has been for a while.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Garages

There are plenty of garages near the courthouse. In fact, on the jury summons I've seen, there's a handy map right on the summons for your reference. I believe they may validate parking for you- so remember to bring in your ticket and ask for validation.

You can also take the "T" or the bus into town as major stations for both as close as well.

As for quick lunch options, your choices are practically endless from casual grab-and-go places to nice sit-down restaurants. If you have time, walk down the strip district for some good cheap eats.

7. Re: Parking Garages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 21, 2013