We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
39 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Request for restaurant suggestions please....

I have spent an hour reviewing menus to pick a restaurant to eat out with another couple who are not foodies and not looking for a new experience :( but rather like a great lobster and/or steak dinner and a good mixed drink...their favorite restaurant had been the Winchester Room which burnt down a few months ago. While I have found about three or four different places that I would love to try; I am stumped. Already went to Monteray Bay with them too and I am not pumped to return....

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Try "Ditka's" at Robinson Center. Upscale but relaxed atmosphere, definitely for adults. Great steaks and chops. Terrific bar.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Follow-up:

I just read through the "Ditka's" reviews here on TA, and I have to say-- once again-- that I am surprised and disappointed. Very negative and it just baffles me. The reviews are much better on Yelp and Urbanspoon. Honestly, Ditka's really is not a bad restaurant at all.

I posted my own quick review but you know that can take a while to show up.

For some reason Pittsburgh restaurant reviews are really off on TA. We've been having discussions here about it recently. (See "Restaurant Goers Beware!" on this forum.) If you check that post, you will find numerous recommendations for reliable local places.

To be perfectly honest with you, my current favorite steak house is the Texas Roadhouse in Bridgeville (and I'm not ashamed to admit it) . Excellent service and value, good food, a fun atmosphere and among the best beer in town-- but you ARE liable to run in to familys with lots of kids any time.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
39 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions and I did read the Restaurant Goers Beware; yes, some of the top 20 places baffled me too. I plan to check out Tamari or Piper's Pub but with my son who appreciates trying new places and different foods.....will have to decide on place to go with my friends who like steak/lobster scene...although we have a Texas Roadhouse out this way but I think a less family oriented place would be better. May check out Ditka's....Thank you again!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Have been to Piper's Pub several times with mixed results to be honest with you. Smallish Dining Room, very crowded Bar and extremely LOUD. Food is okay and service good. Seems to be mostly a youngish crowd.

Never been to Tamari. Let us know if you like it, or Ditka's.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
39 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

Sure will...thanks again! Son is taking us to Cure so that will certainly be an experience! Will do a review on it.....

6. Re: Request for restaurant suggestions please....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 19, 2013