We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

Driving from the airport to PNC, staying somewhere downtown, either Doubletree or Omni. Looking for a supermarket or Target that sells fruit so I can load up. I thought there was a Target driving down this freeway, store on the left side, downhill freeway? Its been over 5 to 7 years since I've been to PIT.

Mentioned in this post
PNC Park
PNC Park
5,372 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
770 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

There is a Target in Robinson. Follow the signs to Robinson Town Center. Take the exit, at the light turn right, then it's on the left (not right away, but close). This is maybe 15 minutes from the airport.

I'm sure there is one in Greensburg too, but not sure.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,011 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

There is a huge Walmart Supercenter that's just off of the Parkway (I-376) and Robinson Center Blvd. - take the exit and continue straight up the hill.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

One of my routines in travel planning is to go to store websites like Target and Wal Mart to find locations in the cities I will be visiting. If I am staying in a downtown area I look for Walgreens or CVS as more often I find those kinds of places rather than big box stores downtown.

Of course I use TA too, for local input and ideas, but I thought I would just throw this idea out there since I was reading the post.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

Best supermarket choice adjacent to the Parkway West is probably the Giant Eagle Market District at Settlers Ridge Center.

www.marketdistrict.com/Locations/Detail.aspx…

Jerome, Arizona
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

Agree with charefex... if you want fruit, stop at the Giant Eagle Market District. The Target in Robinson Township isn't a Super Target!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

Agree with Settlers Ridge Giant Eagle suggestion. They have the best selection and are most accessible for your approach route.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

The last three responses were exactly what I needed, not knowing what brand of markets you have. Looking at the map, it is right off the freeway, thanks.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

quick update, I was running late after 5pm, trying to get to the Omni and PNC, so passed the supermarket. The next morning, looked up the closest Giant Eagle and one was at Greentree a few exits west of the tunnel. The mall looked empty and had to drive around a few empty buildings and found the supermarket. Exactly what I needed, thanks.

Mentioned in this post
PNC Park
PNC Park
5,372 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

This is Parkway Center Mall. Unfortunately it is on the list of "Top 100 Dying American Malls." (No kidding! There really is such a list!) Used to be a couple off anchor stores, some small businesses, a Chi-Chi's (too bad what happened to them), and a Business Center, which is actually doing ok. Also, all those hotels around the Parway West were built with that Mall in mind. Nothing much left but the Giant Eagle now. . . .

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Supermarket or Target from the airport to PNC?

thanks for ruining my night evangeline57. Anytime I see Chi-Chi's mentioned I get sad. There will never be a mexican restaurant that will compare. I sing the chi-chi's bday song at any bday party.