We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transportation

Vidalia, LA
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transportation

I am flying into Pittsburgh this weekend for my son's wedding. I will be there 3 days. Is the public transporation there very good or would I do better to rent a vehicle?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
783 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transportation

Public transportation in the Pittsburgh area is provided by the Port Authority. Here is a link to the website:

http://portauthority.org/paac/default.aspx

The system includes various bus routes and a light rail line linking the north shore of the Allegheny River with downtown Pittsburgh and points south.

There is a bus route (28X) linking the airport to downtown Pittsburgh:

portauthority.org/paac/…

If the wedding and related events are all in downtown Pittsburgh or in an East End neighborhood (e.g., Oakland, Shadyside or Squirrel Hill) you might be able to rely exclusively on public transportation. If the wedding is in the suburbs, you would do better to rent a vehicle.

Vidalia, LA
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transportation

I just spent four days in Pittsburgh, the best advice I can give on traveling around the city is GET A GPS!! This is the most difficult city to navigate.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transportation

That is very true. Pittsburghers have a common saying, "you can't get there from here". ( at least not easily )

With 5 tunnels, 3 rivers, hills and more bridges than Venice, its understandable.

4. Re: Public Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, June 21, 2013