We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun and weather at Regatta

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sun and weather at Regatta

I'll be visiting Pittsburgh for the first around the 3 rivers regatta. Unfortunately, I'm very sun-sensitive :(

How is the weather there around July 1st? What's the dress code for seeing the regatta events?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun and weather at Regatta

www.weather.com and www.wunderground.com can give you historical averages. You can check the forecast a couple of days before.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun and weather at Regatta

You must have clothes on to attend the regatta but that's about it for a dress code!

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun and weather at Regatta

Wear whatever u are comfy in..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun and weather at Regatta

We attend the regatta every year. It is usually pretty hot (low 80'sF) and possibly thunder showers in the late afternoon. I suggest you bring a hat with brim, plenty of high quality sunscreen, a fold-up plastic poncho and a couple bottles of water. A lightweight sheet also comes in handy for sitting on the grass under the trees. We take a small day backpack to carry these things and have always gotten along quite well over the course of each long day. You might also want to sit on the Point Park side of the Allegheny River for viewing events, as the Northshore side has very little in the way of shade by the riverside.

5. Re: Sun and weather at Regatta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 19, 2013