We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

OKC
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

Anybody know if there are any hotels in the Pittsburgh vacinity (or within an hours drive) that would have a small indoor waterpark or just extremely nice pool?

We have a 4 year old so anything small, but not overly crowded would be awesome.

Thanks

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

The only place that comes to mind is the Conley Inn in Irwin, which I don't recommend staying at even though it has a nice indoor pool with slides. The place seems old-fashioned (in desperate need of renovations). There is a Great Wolf Lodge with an indoor waterpark scheduled to open later this year near the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills Mall. I'll let you know if I think of anywhere else that might be a possibility.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
330 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

At this point, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the waterpark at the Mills. During the several years that this mall has been in business, we have heard of many things coming that have never materialized. We were just at the movie theater there last night and have yet to see any ground broken for this waterpark. Even though we saw the article in our newspaper, we have taken the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
229 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

Conley's Resort on Route 8 in Butler County is about 30 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. The drive there should take about 45 minutes or so. This is the only hotel in the area I'm aware of that has a small indoor water park. It has a couple of slides and a pirate ship with a water cannon. I've never stayed there but I'm thinking it might satisfy 4 year old.

It's actually a bit far from the city but you can check it out at www.conleyresort.com to see if it might fit your needs.

Edited: 10:13 pm, March 02, 2011
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

golflink.com/list_29559_pittsburgh-hotels-wa…

OKC
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

Thank you everyone, I'll check into those suggestions

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

I'm not sure if you've taken your trip yet but Conley's is the only indoor water park I could suggest within an hour of Pittsburgh as well. It's not very big but it's cute for kids. My kids really enjoyed it we went a few years ago. We did not get a hotel room but from the looks of them from the outside they didn't look like anything special & were over priced. We arrived at the pool as soon as it opened & had it to ourselves for about an hour before anyone else showed up. It was great having no line at the 2 slides. My kids also enjoyed the pirate theme that the pool had.

Also, there is Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park. This is near Erie which is about 2 1/2 hours north of Pittsburgh. Yes, it's far out but it's supposed to be wonderful in case you have the time. http://www.splashlagoon.com/

Good luck. Enjoy your stay.

7. Re: Any hotels with small indoor waterparks in Pitt area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 24, 2012