We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for Phipps & Carnegie Museum Natural History

ontario canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for Phipps & Carnegie Museum Natural History

On our visit in July we plan to visit both places. I am somewhat disabled but not to the extent of having a disabled licence plate. I understand there is lots of parking @ Carnegie but only some @ Phipps. We likely will take 2 days to do these attractions. If we parked at Carnegie to go to Phipps can we "get out the back way" from the parking to get onto Boundary or Schenley so we don't have to walk all the way around the block to Phipps? Thanks.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for Phipps & Carnegie Museum Natural History

Yes, you can go out the back entrance of the museum, across the parking lot and up around the back which is within about two blocks distance from Phipps. That route is down the steps across from the admissions desk, with the outdoor sculpture court on your right.

You used to be able to get into the library (and thereby out the main entrance of the library, then you would turn left out of the building then left again, and walk up to Phipps) through a door in the hall where the ancient architecture copies are. I think that route is no longer officially available, but you could explain you're trying to minimize difficult walking and ask about it.

I'm sure the people at the museum will be happy to point you in the right direction. Hope you enjoy your visit--you've picked two of my favorite places in Pittsburgh!

2. Re: Parking for Phipps & Carnegie Museum Natural History

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:09 am, December 12, 2010