We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in pittsburgh

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
staying in pittsburgh

i am thinking of staying for 2 weeks while im taking a course at the "intown suites" the address is 4595 McKnight Road in pittsburgh. (its the cheapest i found) Does anyone know if its an o.k. place and if the area is alright? no hookers or gangbangers living there? any input would be great

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in pittsburgh

The InTown Suites is the perfect place for you to stay. The price to stay there for two weeks is much more reasonable than staying at a regular hotel for the same period of time. I have never stayed at an extended stay hotel, but this one looks pretty nice and is rather new. I am not sure what the area is like, but it is not something that I'd worry too much about. Did you check out their website? I just checked it out-it is www.intownsuites.com and then you choose the location to get the details about this particular hotel. I hope that you enjoy your stay!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in pittsburgh

Hi-the area of In Town Suites is OK, it's on a busy highway tht will lead you to one of the bigger commercial areas in Pgh., with malls, strip plazas, etc. You'll have lots of eating options within driving distance.

It's got a big church on one side, and an adult bookstore not far on the other side, though it may have closed, I'm not sure.

Don't know anything about the hotel itself.

If you are flying in, you might want to consider one of the extended stay places in the airport area. They would probably be listed under "North Fayette," "Robinson" "Moon" or the airport area. I believe there is one in Carnegie that has gotten bad reviews here.

Again, you would be in a busy commercial area with lots of malls, restaurants, etc.

Good luck!

Paris/Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in pittsburgh

I also would recomend the Robinson area, which will also be listed as The Point, North Fayette, and sometimes airport. There are also a large mall, many strip malls,and any kind resataurant you can think of. It is also very safe. It is a 10 minute drive to the airport and 15 minute drive to the downtown area.

Pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: staying in pittsburgh

The area is very safe and hence you should have no real problems. As I recall, this hotel is only about three years old. The funny thing is that when they opened, they were trying to charge $375 a week for suites (now, I believe the price is down to about $179 a week). The only caution I have is that while you are technically close to several restaurants, getting to the restaurants might be a chore. The hotel sits on somewhat of a main road with a barrier in the middle. I believe that the only turn you can make when coming out of the hotel is to go south toward the city (somebody please correct me if I am wrong). Unfortunately, the majority of the restaurants are to the north. Trying to get turned around to go north is a bit tricky.

BDC

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying in pittsburgh

I think you are correct about turning right only. Everything you want is a left turn on McKnight Road