We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to the game

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to the game

Hi

Heading to Pittsburgh this weekend and staying at the Best Western Parkway. Does anyone know if they offer a free shuttle service into downtown Pittsburgh? Also, any fun,have to eat casual places to eat with the kids. Ages 11, and 14. Thanks for any info!!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to the game

I don't know if they offer shuttle service - your best bet is to call, but since they are in Greentree they probably do.

Take the kids to Station Square, ride the Duquesne Incline up to Mt. Washington and eat at Coal Hill Steakhouse. If the weather is nice, get an outdoor table - it's an awesome view of the city!

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to the game

Some good activities for kids in or near downtown:

Downtown: ice skating at the outdoor rink at PPG Plaza

Northside: Science Center, Andy Warhol Museum, Mattress Factory (an art museum), the Aviary. There is a Children's Museum over here too but 11 and 14 year olds probably won't be interested.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to the game

Hello,

I'm staying at the Best Western this weekend too. My dad stayed there a couple of months ago and they do offer a free shuttle to downtown Pittsburgh.

Go Steelers!!!

Carolyn

4. Re: Coming to the game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 14, 2009