We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for Mellon Arena

youngstown, ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for Mellon Arena

Where is the best place to park for events at Mellon Arena?

Also any good places to eat around the arena?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

There are parking lots all around the arena - prices ranging from $6 - $8, and depending on the event, they may fill up early. An alternative is to park in the Marriott across the street from the arena. There's a pretty good restaurant and lounge in the hotel (The Steelhead). Entees are somewhat high, and you may have bar food in the lounge - less expensive. As you might imagine, this place fills up quickly for Pens games and big concerts. Most other good restaurants are a bit of a hike from the Arena, but it's doable, especially in nice weather.

What kind of food interests you?

youngstown, ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Looking for a casual place or bar food.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
501 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

If you don't mind a bit of a walk, Mellon Square Garage is reasonably priced and the traffic afterwards isn't horrible. It's where I usually park; it's right across from the Omni William Penn Hotel. Try August Henry on Penn Ave. for bar food.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Also consider the Doubletree Hotel, near the Arena for parking and the Bigelow Grill for bar food.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

We're going to a Penguins game soon.

Weekend game.

Can anyone recommend a hotel near arena, where we can stay, go to game, out after game, etc.

2 dads and 2 lads.

Thanks in advance.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Canuck, the Marriot City Center is right there near the arena. If it's too pricey, you can try the Holiday Inn Express on 10th. I don't know that I'd walk it, but it's a quick cab ride across the 10th St bridge to the arena.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
501 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

I'd try the Holiday Inn Express on the South Side just because it has a shuttle that will take you to the arena and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

The Omni William Penn is easy walking distance to the arena as is the Doubletree. Both have bars inside where you can hang out before and after.

Let us know if you need anything else. Welcome and Let's Go Pens!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Thanks group.

Hotel is booked.

As for 'anything else'--- anyone know a safe, reliable source for tickets to Penguins and Flyers @ end of month. ie Dallas visiting each city.

I'm going on team websites now, but if anyone has tickets they don't need, or know someone who does, let me know.

I guess Paypal will be best. Or cash when we arrive.

Thanks again for hotel info.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Canuck, try www.stubhub.com.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for Mellon Arena

Gypsy

I got the tickets through Stubhub. THANKS.

$25 to ship to Toronto, but well worth the certainty that dealing with Stubhub implies.

Really looking forward to visiting Pittsburgh.

Any restaurants you can recommend around DoubleTree?

Or, a sports bar for the 'dads" to visit after the game?

Best would be 'live band' - blues bar, etc. but that would be asking for too much.

Thanks for the help