We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Sandwich

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Topic
Fish Sandwich

My wife and I grew up in Pittsburgh and used to love the fish sandwiches that were typically sold in local bars. Our favorite was Frank and Wally's up by Duquesne U. We've been gone for 20+ years so have lost touch. I did a goggle on F&W and did not get any hits so I assume they are long gone. Anyone know what I'm talking about and whether these still exist? My wife is going back in June and wants to relive the experience. Is this still a Pittsburgh thing?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish Sandwich

sorry, I forgot to check the email box.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish Sandwich

I don't know about F&W, but the Oyster House in Market Square, also famous for fish sandwiches, is still in business.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish Sandwich

Yes, thanks. I remember them.

4. Re: Fish Sandwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 16, 2009