We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel

Hi, my wife and I (middle 30's in age) will be in Pittsburgh to see a couple of games the first weekend of July. Can someone please provide suggestions on where to stay, eat and party?

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

Jeff without knowing your budget and just by the info given, I'd say stay at the Sheraton hotel at station square. I'm guessing it's for baseball games??? They have a boat you can take right over to the game and back, it's a nice trip and doesn't cost that much per person round trip. Also Station Square offers many dining choices and the party is all what you make it. Take a look...stationsquare.com

There's another lower budget hotel on the Southside, Holiday Inn Express, TELL THEM YOU WANT A ROOM FACING THE CITY. They have a shuttle van that will take you to the bridge where you can just walk across for the game and it'll pick you up there as well, it's a nice convenience. The Southside is chalk full of restaurants of every venue, and "party" style. Everything from Mike's Gyros to Sushi and Italian hoagies to Veal Marsala...there are bars and bars and bars.

Have a great time and let us know if there are any other questions.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

The cost isn't an issue, we want to be close to the ballpark and near other bars, restaurants and the happening part of the city. Thank you for the reply!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel

I'd say go for the Sheraton at station square. You'll have the water, the people, the scenery and the party.

Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel

I totally agree...Sheraton Station Square. This will give you such a great central point. Easy to get to the game. Fun stuff at Station Square. Ride the Incline.

You'd also not be far from South Side which is great for nightlife.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel

Just to throw out a couple of other suggestions, the Holiday Inn Express on the South Side has a shuttle that will take you to the game, and is right off Carson Street which is basically a big long stretch of bars and restaurants. Also, Spring Hill Suites on the North Side is literally across the street from the ballpark. The eating/partying options are not as huge as on the South Side but are there and improving in number and quality.

Check the reviews on this site.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel

what do you think of the two Marriott hotels near the ballpark?

pitt
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel

You may want to consider the Hilton, too. It is downtown, you can walk over the 6th street bridge to PNC very easily. in minutes. You can walk along Penn Avenue to restaurants, theatre, bars. The Heinz History Center is nearby and includes a good sports museum. The Hilton is older and not too fancy, but it is a convenient location. Downtown Pittsburgh is kind of strange, not too too exciting. The Southside is where there is more action, but it is too much of the loud drunken party bar scene for me. Carson Street has a bar every two feet. Depends on what you want to do. Back to downtown, the hotel Omni William Penn is excellent and would be a choice in the higher price range. Check them out, too, as they are also downtown and very easy to get to the ballpark.

The area right around PNC has restaurants and bars, but venture too far toward the northside and it's just a so so neighborhood. Have fun. For breakfast, try DeLuccas in the Strip District. Try Andy Warhol Museum for interesting exhibits, , and Club Cafe for music.

8. Re: hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pittsburgh