We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohiopyle State Park in the Fall?

New Jersey
12 posts
Save Topic
Ohiopyle State Park in the Fall?

Thinking of taking a trip to Ohiopyle State Park for a long weekend just for a mini vacation. Thinking of heading there in late September or early October. Is this a good time to go? Is there still stuff to do? Just wanted to get a little info. The park looks beautiful!

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohiopyle State Park in the Fall?

Just got back from my first trip out there in several years. I have never been in the Fall, but think it would be beautiful. Early Oct. is peak Fall color season in the Laurel Highlands. The bike trails would be a great way to view the foliage. (If it's not rainy, of course) If you are interested in on-river activities, I would call and check with a company regarding rental or guide availability depending upon what you are interested in. You will want wet or dry suits at that time of year. My husband is an experienced WW kayaker, and enjoys going in the Fall, but he does not need to rent any equipment or use a guide. Of course, Falling Water is near by, and I can't imagine it would be closed in the Fall, I believe it is open year round. There are also companies that offer horseback riding. You should really enjoy your trip! I think Ohiopyle State Park is a great place to visit.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohiopyle State Park in the Fall?

Ohiopyle will be full of activities that time of year! The wineries will be open for complementary tastings, bike trails, fishing, rafting. Personally its the best time of year to go!

3. Re: Ohiopyle State Park in the Fall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ohiopyle