We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic/Fine Dining

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic/Fine Dining

Can anyone suggest where to go in the New Hope area or down River Road for great food and atmosphere? Thanks.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

La Bonne Auberge, Marsha Brown (not romantic, but neat atmosphere), Center Bridge Inn, Hotel du Village, Inn at Phillips Mill. On the NJ side, Lily's on the Canal, Hamilton's Grill Room.

bethlehem pa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Try the Dancing Fish Japanese Restaurant in Bethlehem, on The SouthSide....

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Bethlehem isn't exactly "New Hope area".

New Hope, PA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

The Inn at Phillips Mill - good food, cozy atmosphere, good value for New Hope, bring your own - no credit cards. They don't advertise - they don't have to.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

I may be staying at Porches On Fisher st....I was told by someone that this is not in walking distance? Is that correct? I would be going in November

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Walking distance to what, exactly? Porches is in a great location and there are many restaurants, shops, bars, etc. within very easy walking distance.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Sorry I heard its not in walking distance to Au bon La buerge..Is that restaurant worth it?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

La Bonne Auberge is up the hill a bit from "downtown" New Hope. You actually drive up the hill through a townhouse development to get there. I don't think you would be able to, or want to walk. It's a great restaurant (or was the last time we were there, which was, granted, a few years ago), but if the driving thing is a deal-breaker, there are plenty of great restaurants in New Hope or an easy walk across the bridge into Lambertville. This past weekend, we had dinnner at a cute little Lambertville BYO called No. 9 which features lots of local, seasonal ingredients. Great meal!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Oh, I thought Lambertville was a five minute drive...It is possible to walk from Porches....About how long of a walk? I dont mind walking but we are going in mid november, and it may be too cold for a mile or two walk..Thanks for your help..Also, Here were my choices for dining in New Hope: I need two restaurants: Marsha Brownes, Landing, Mansion Inn, Logan Inn, Esca, Martines...La bonne Auberge is out since we want walking distance in case my husband has a few drinks..He does not want to drive... Which would you say is best? we like romantic and quaint, and dont mind spending some money....Also, is the food at Marsha Browns like New Orleans style because Im not that into spicy ..Thanks Again!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic/Fine Dining

Also, how is the inn at Philips Mill, They have no website..Is Porches better to stay at? And how is the Philips Mill Inn food?