We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

My wife, children, and I visited Mt. Pocono a couple of weeks ago. Our hotel concierge recommended eating at Baileys Rib and Steakhouse – of course not beings locals, we followed her suggestion. Unfortunately – it turned out to be the worst dining experience I have ever had. Food was overpriced and not properly prepared. Customer service seemed asynchronous. Manager was rude, contentious and not much concern about correcting the meals. Decided to cut my losses, pay up, and go look for another restaurant - manager held up processing my credit for 30 minutes!

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

DC,

I was very disappointed to read your post. We haven't been to the area for several years, but when we went up, we always enjoyed Bailey's. I have actually recommended this restaurant to people on the forum. If anyone else has had a recent experience, hopefully he/she will respond. So sorry you had such a bad experience. Believe me when I say it wasn't like this in the past, but I know things unfortunately can change. There's nothing worse than unprepared food.

Onley, Va
Level Contributor
492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

A friend of mine from Long Island and some of her friends ate there last week and said it was WONDERFUL. She mentioned it to me because I will be in Tannersville (from Virginia) visiting relatives this month and she didnt want me to miss this place while I was there.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

Laura,

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully DC's experience was an isolated incident. We were always really impressed when we ate there, but as I said previously, I bet it's been at least 5-7 years since we have been there. Enjoy your trip to the Poconos!

NJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

We just went last week and enjoyed it. The ribs were awesome!! They were falling off the bones!! We highly recommend it!

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

DcLike2Travel-

I couldn't agree more with your view on Bailey's. We are from the Pocono area and Bailey's kinda ruined their name in the area with there service and etc..The main problem is alot of the tourists dont know where the better restaurants are in the Pocono area and most of them are not on Rt 611 . One of the great places is The Jubilee Restaurant which is about 20 minutes from Bailey's.

www.breakfastking.com/Site/Welcome.html

Montrose, PA
Level Contributor
274 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

I am looking for a nice restaurant within 15 miles of Tannersville. My daughter lives in Hoboken, NJ and we live an hour above Scranton so I am trying to find a place halfway for both of to meet for dinner. I have read such mixed reviews on places. We generally eat at Barley Creek Brewery but am looking for something a little more upscale/more varied menu (steaks, seafood etc). Any suggestions are appreciated!!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

We recently ate at Sam Snead's at Shawnee Mountain and were very pleasantly suprised. Our filet mignon was like butter and the homemade crabcakes were mostly moist lump crab...no fillers! It was fairly inexpensive around 25 to 27 per dinner.

Years ago we used to eat at a place called the BIG A on rt 209. We noticed that it has moved from it's original location to a much larger and more upscale looking building. They used to have delicious steak. Is the still the same? Has anyone been recently?

Bergenfield, NJ
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

Every year I go to that area and Bailey's is one of my favorite restaraunts to visit. Normally we sit out back and enjoy the country air but occassionally have been inside. I've never had anything but excellent food and great service at Baileys. You must have hit it on a bad night.

9. Re: Restaurantes - Avoid Baileys Rib & Steakhouse on Route 611

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, December 23, 2009