We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steelers Training Camp

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Steelers Training Camp

I am from Canton OH and am looking for somewhere to stop on our way to Nags Head. I just happen to have a 9 year old that would do back flips if we stopped on the way at Latrobe for a sneak peak at the Steelers training camp. Now that I have an idea I need help bringing it to life!

Can anyone give me some detailed info about the camp and where to stay? I would like to take him during the day, maybe try to get an autograph : ) Are there specific times to go? Our trip is in mid-July. The Steeler's website just says that camp is free to go to but doesn't say anything else. Would I be wasting our time. Has anyone done this before?

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Steelers Training Camp

Check on www.pittsburghchannel.com website There is a section about the Steelers and I believe the training camp schedule is on it. I have gone with my children before and should warn you about a couple of things. It is incredibly hot and not a lot of shade. Last year, I was lucky enough to have field passes due to a friend. My kids wanted to wait for autographs after the practice and there is A LOT of people. It was getting scary when Big Ben came out. Bettis did not come out for autographs and drove past on a golf cart. I was hot , sweaty and pushed around for the day trying to get autographs (Got Joey Porter, and Matt Cushing and my son scored a Big Ben autograph) Would I go again? Yes! My kids were very excited. I joined the Steelers Kids fan club and they have a training camp day for the kids. So we are going up on August 1st for the training camp day. Best of luck. Unfortunately, if I remember, the camp doesn't start til late July, I believe the 30th.

Sorry, But I think this reply is late as I see that your trip is in mid July.

Get answers to your questions about Latrobe
Recent Conversations