We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adult son who is mentally challenged, what can he ride

michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
adult son who is mentally challenged, what can he ride

I have a son who is mentally at age 6-8 and loves sesame street. He is a large young man and is 27. Does Sesame place accomodate for the special needs ? My concerns would be the rides as to size restrictions. He loves ss live and has done the sea world ss breakfast. He is able to transfer from a wheelchair and is mobile. Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping to plan this trip for him but want to make sure it would be worth the expense involved for him to enjoy some of the attractions.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: adult son who is mentally challenged, what can he ride

All of the rides will fit an adult. My husband and I rode with our children on the Viper Trail (roller coaster), Grover's World Twirl (teacups), Elmo's Flying Fish (Dumbo-like), Big Bird's Balloon Race, Carousel, Blast-Off and Peek-A-Bug. Plus all of the water-slides, lazy river, and wave pool. My husband went with my son into the nets and Climbs, but said it was tight in a few spots. The only places he'd be excluded from are the dry toddler play areas (Big Bird's Court and Cookie Mountain), Twiddle Tracks, and the toddler splash pool (Rubber Duck Pond).

If you google image search "Sesame Place rides", or the individual ride name, you can see pictures.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sesame+place+rides&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=XB1QTPDGCsOAlAfhxNG5CQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQsAQwAA

2. Re: adult son who is mentally challenged, what can he ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 25, 2011