We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

Iowa
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

Can anyone give me any pointers on vacation rentals that would be centrally located between Sesame Place, Six Flags, Philly? I have been searching on-line and it is tough to know where to look. We will have to accommodate 8-9 people so I thought a vacation rental would be better than a hotel. If not then any ideas of hotels that may have suites? We are planning our trip just after Memorial Day. Thanks for your time & input!!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,921 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

I doubt you will find any vacation rentals in the area. Vacations here are taken at the beach or in the mountains. You may be able to find somethjing along the New Jersey coast (Asbury Park, Bradley Beach areas). These are located about 30 minutes from Great Adventure, and about an hour from Sesame Place.

If you are looking for something more central, and including Philadelphia, I believe the Marriott Residence Inn in Langhorne has suites. It is literally two minutes from Sesame Place. Six Flags would be about 35 minutes away, as would Philadelphia.

Not to scare you away, but, just so you are aware, Sesame Place is very small, about one-tenth the size of a Six Flags park. It is situated on the edge of a mall parking lot, and is about the same size as the mall. That being said, families with little kids love it, and manage to spend two days there (kids will do the same rides over and over), what with the parades and all. The character breakfast is pretty popular, too. It's just that the ads would lead you to believe that it is the size of a Six Flags, and it just isn't. BTW, Great Adventure is not one of Six Flags' best parks. It tends to attract a young, rowdy crowd (mostly from the NYC area).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

The Residence Inn in Langhorne has a 2-bedroom suite with a King, a Queen and a sofabed. Not sure if that would be big enough for 8-9 people. They do have a package which includes breakfast and some Sesame Place tickets.

What ages are the kids? We went to Sesame last year with our 4 and 2 year olds and LOVED it!

NJ
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

Coming from Iowa, I would be more inclined to rent on the Jersey Shore and go to Morey's piers and similar waterparks there! In Wildwood.

http://www.moreyspiers.com/

www.capemaytimes.com/rentals/default.htm You might be late in the season to find rentals, but Cape May is very close to Wildwood, and if you were looking for a quiter spot to sleep, with more sedate things for the grownups, and then drive to Wildwood for the amusement rides, you could rent in Cape May.

If you are hellbent on Sesame Pl because of the characters, you can take Rte 195 to the Jersey Shore and it goes straight to Belmar. Bradley Beach is rowdier (young crowd) but the other Shore towns try harder to please families.

Use Google maps---but from Sesame you would take rte 1 briefly, then 95 north, cross the river---take 29 South to Trenton (the ramps are a real can of worms, be alert), stay on it and watch for the signs for 195 East. Get on it, stay on it, go to the Shore. It changes to rte 138 before it hits the Shore towns.

4. Re: Vacation rentals between Six flags and Sesame Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 16, 2011