We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sesame Place...What to bring

Which Langhorne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Sesame Place...What to bring

Hello. Our family will be spending the day at Sesame Place on Sunday. I've read reviews and my only questions are...

1. We have a two year old. Will she be able to enjoy the majority of the entertainment there?

2. What should we all bring with us (into the park). We are planning on parking close, so we can go back and forth to the car, as needed.

Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sesame Place...What to bring

We recently went to Sesame Place with our 2 and 4 year olds. The 2 year old could do everything except for the roller coaster and 3 of the water slides (Bert and Ernie's Slip n Slide, Sesame Streak, & Slippery Slopes).

For water rides, she could do Slimey's Chutes, all of the slides in Count's Splash Castle, and the Sky Splash which is the largest slide, but it's a family raft. Plus the wave pool, lazy river, rubber ducky pond. Then all of the dry rides, play areas, 3 shows, and the parade. There was more than enough to keep her busy and happy for the 2 days that we were there.

Our two year old wore a swimsuit under a dress with water shoes. It was easy to slip the dress on and off as needed. She wore a regular diaper at first and I changed her into a swim diaper before the first water activity. Definitely wear and bring sunscreen.

If you don't want to eat in the park, you can bring a small cooler into the park or leave a larger cooler in your car. There's a picnic area between the park and parking lot where you can eat a packed lunch. We never brought a cooler into the park b/c with the diaper bags and towels, etc the stroller was already loaded down. You can buy a refillable souvenir cup and refill it for free in Elmo's Bistro. We did that instead of bringing in a cooler of drinks. I don't know if that would be quite as good of a deal of 1 day rather than 2. But, for our 2 days it was a deal.

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sesame Place...What to bring

Thanks for your reply. So, we should bring towels? I know some water parks supply them. This is our first trip to an outdoor locale with our daughter so I want to be sure to bring everything we need. I am glad she'll be able to go on most of the rides. Can two adults accompany her on most of them?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sesame Place...What to bring

Yes. I think towels are provided if you rent a cabana by Count's Splash Castle. Otherwise you need your own.

2 adults can go with her on the Sky Splash. It's a family raft that fits up to six. On Slimey's Chutes, there's a 2 person raft and a single raft. So one person would have to go ahead or behind in their own raft. The slides at Count's Splash Castle don't have rafts. So, she could sit on one person's lap or one person could go ahead or wait at the bottom to catch her and she could go alone and then the other adult can follow. My son would have gone alone at 2, my daughter wasn't fond of being splashed in the face, so she wasn't fond of the Count area as a whole. It depends on the child's personality.

4. Re: Sesame Place...What to bring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 24, 2009