We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lancaster Cultur History Museum

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Lancaster Cultur History Museum

Hi,

I have got informations, that the Quilt and Textile Museum will be closed due to renovation.

Who can give me informations about the Lancaster Cultur History Museum? Are there any quilts on display?

Thanks.

Greeting, Q.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

I believe this is the one right on the downtown square in the old courthouse building...they had the "Witness" exhibit but the current exhibit is native quilts. Sorry I don't have a link to their website.

As you may know, many local shops feature quilts for sale and if you visit in the spring, try to attend a quilt auction.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

Yes, it is closed until April 5th (reopens the 6th) Here is web site for more info.

culturalhistorymuseum.com/about/default.asp

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

The People's Place Quilt Museum in Intercourse also displays Amish quilts. Here's their Web site address:

http://www.ppquiltmuseum.com/

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

Hello from Germany and thanks to all for your help.

So I will have to wait until April to get in contact with the museums.

Yes, I know about the museum in Intercourse. In the same building is a great store with lots of fabrics, too! A real Quilters paradies!!

Greetings, Q.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

Quiltlover:

Just wondering if you understand or can speak "Pennsyvania-Dutch", the language the Amish speak ?

I'm sure you would at least understand some of it, as it is basically a corrupted German dialect.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

Daddio,

yes, I do understand Pennsylvania dutch very well. Here in southern

Germany we speak a dialect called "schwaebisch" which is very much as PA Dutch. People from the northern parts of Germany

would have problems to understand PA dutch, but they have problems with us "southerners" when we speak our dialect,too.

Greetings, Q.

7. Re: Lancaster Cultur History Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 26, 2009