We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch near Rockkvale?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch near Rockkvale?

My friend and I are driving out from Philadelphia to hit the Pottery Barn outlet tomorrow. We want to have lunch somewhere nearby, but not in the outlet center. Two women, healthy eaters. Of course, a small local place would be great. We are not particularly interested in PA Dutch fare. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

We liked Olde Greenfield Inn several years ago; still seems to get very good reviews.

Edited: 12:25 am, February 15, 2013
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

I like Olde Greenfield too, but I'm not sure it qualifys as healthy eating.

If what you want is a good choice of salds and soup, then one of the Isaacs might fit the bill. www.isaacsdeli.com

The Greenfield Road and Strasburg locations are about equally far from Rockville

Edited: 7:16 am, February 15, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Strasburg
Strasburg
Lancaster County, PA
Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

Why not try Sugarplums and Tea? They make some very nice salads and sandwiches. Of course you'll want to save room for a sweet treat, too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

Thanks for the great suggestions. Sugarplums and Isaacs may be good choices since we don't want to spend a lot of time at lunch. We'll plan ahead for Olde Greenfield for a more relaxed trip. Thanks for the speedy responses. We're leaving in about an hour! I appreciate your help.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

Olive Garden and Ruby Tuesday are both in Rockvale.

Lancaster, PA
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

As a Lancaster local, I would recommend DJ's Diner ( http://www.djstasteofthe50s.com/ ). It's a retro fifties style Burgers and Shakes joint that is extremely kid-friendly and fun. It's a little off of the main stretch too, so there's a small break from the hustle and bustle.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

I also agree about eating in DJ's Diner. It's pretty much family oriented and the kids love it! Great menu options for kids and adults!

8. Re: Lunch near Rockkvale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 21, 2014