We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
scooters

has anyone rented scooters or done a scooter tour. i see two companies. one in strasburg and another in bird in hand. any info appreciated.

also interested in lancaster segway tour. any comments from anyone familiar.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooters

Never took the tour here (live here) but have ridden segway, and find half an hour is about plenty long enough. If you go I urge you not to sign up for long ride for first time.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooters

I've done the Lancaster City segway tour and highly recommend it. It was fun, and educational even for a local. Can't comment on a scooter tour, but sounds fun!

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooters

I've done BOTH the downtown Segway tour and the Strasburg Scooter tour. Both are superb and the folks that run the outfits are top-notch! You'll get good training and they want to make sure that you're familiar with the equipment before you go out. Terri at the Segway tours is very knowledgeable of the downtown area. The historical tour and the ghosts and graveyards tour are great.

Marc and John at the Strasburg Scooters are lots of fun. For the price, you can't beat the 3+ hour covered bridge tour. You not only get to see 3 or 4 bridges, but they also take you to an Amish farm stand (seasonal I suppose) and an Amish home/business.

Definitely a must-do!

4. Re: scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 15, 2013