We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Landis Valley Museum

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Landis Valley Museum

Is this museum worth going to for adults, or is it geared more towards children? We are 2 adults in our early 60's with no children or grand children, so we would rather not waste our time if this attraction is geared more towards children than adults. Thanks in advance for any information that you are able to give to me.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Landis Valley Museum

It's very worthwhile...I think some kids may get bored there, other than at the "Hands On House," but not adults, especially those interested in the history of the area and historic artifacts in general. An impressive collection.

Did you know scenes from the "Beloved" movie were filmed there?

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Landis Valley Museum

Definitely geared toward adults, but children can enjoy it as well, at least mine do. The Hands on House Children's Museum, geared toward preschoolers shares a parking lot, but is a separate facility.

Much of the farm is like a very small PA version of Colonial Williamsburg, showcasing the life of early settlers to the area. The rest of the farm is dedicated to showing off their extensive collection of farm equipment and Victorian memorabilia. I think you would enjoy it very much.

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Landis Valley Museum

Thank you both very much for your responses. We will certainly add this to our list of activities when we are visiting in the area.

4. Re: Question about Landis Valley Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 21, 2013