We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

Where are some good places to buy farm fresh fruit on a

Sat/Sun/Mon in the Lancaster area ?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

jerseyians,

the website appears to have not been updated or even proof-read because it still shows they are "closed for the season." Also says open July-Nov. or Dec. but under the produce list it states they have asparagus for sale in late April.

Generally, corn is in season July through Sept/early Oct. They might open at 8am, but the corn wagon(s) are often not there until a little later. The huddled masses cheer their arrival with outstretched bags.

They don't grow their own strawberries. Not sure where they get them.

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

I was not aware the Corn Wagon even had a website. My guess is that it's not updated regularly. Was there again on Wednesday and there was a line for the strawberries with more cars coming in. Kind of like the typical road-side stands mentioned above. You just have to know about them...no 'advertising' really.

Personally, I think that's one of the things that makes Lancaster so wonderful.

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

Which of these produce/farm places would you recommend now for end of summer?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

All my earlier reccomendations still apply. You are getting into prime apple season. You are at the end of peach season

new jersey
Level Contributor
401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

Kauffman's has the best price for bulk apples (not pretty but tasty) and they have peaches as well. There's a Cherry Hill Orchard stand at Kitchen Kettle Village selling peaches and apples that are pricier but THE best you will find anywhere. Other than that, little road stands selling produce are all over the place, but not on Sundays.

Virginia
14 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

We like The Green Dragon market in Ephrata. It's only open on Friday's though.

West Conshohocken...
Level Contributor
172 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

Try Stoltzfus's at 96 South Groffdale Road in Leola right across the street from Hayloft Candles.

They're more or less done with Peaches at this point but they have some really good cantaloupes, watermelon, potatoes, and honey. They told me on Monday that they'll have apples and apple cider in two weeks.

18. Re: Best places to buy fresh fruit ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013