We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

We stayed at the Eden Resort last year due to recommendations here and absolutely loved it. We are trying to save a bit by staying at Willow Valley. Will we be very disappointed? Is the Doubletree part much nicer and do you get access to all amenities if you stay at Willow Valley.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

Willow Valley is an impressive resort, but depending on your itinerary. it's location may not be as convenient as that of the Eden.

The Doubletree (a Hilton property) is more upscale than the WV Inn and Suites, but WV is no dump; whether Doubletree is worth the upcharge I can't answer.

Both have popular restaurants; Doubletree has the "Palm Court," similar to the atrium room at the Eden, while WV has their famous smorgasbord restaurant. One difference between the various restaurants at both: you can enjoy an alcoholic beverege at the Doubletree but not at WV (it was no easy feat for Hilton to get that liquor license!).

Both also have separate pool amenities... the water park is in the Doubletree, but WV guests are welcome to use it. Ask first, but I don't think it would be a problem for guests of either to use amenities at the other, yet it probably boils down to which would be more convenient.

Edited: 6:55 pm, May 13, 2012
New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

We are doing Dutch Wonderland and maybe the strasburg railroad.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
272 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

Eden Resort, the traffic from WV to Dutch Wonderland is brutal, as daddio mentioned WV location is not very convenient, but a lovely resort. Have you checked out the hotels on RT#30? There are quite a few from budget to higher end that would be closer to your attractions.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

I'm partial to the Eden Resort, but that's just me. Willow Valley is a nice place, but I agree with OP's about the location in terms of convenience and traffic. I don't have any experience with Doubletree.

NY
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

I have a similar question and am unfamiliar with where the attractions are. We plan on going to the Strasburg Railroad, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm and maybe the Childrens Museum. Where is the best location for us?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

If ,by the 'Chidrens Museum" you mean Hands on House then Eden is much closer, since Hnads On is just several miles Northeast off Route 222.

Both the Strasburg Railroad and Cherry crest are eat of Strasburg off Root 741. Both would be a 15-20 minute drive from either hotel, with the drive rfrom Doubletree being along less crowded roads.

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

have you thought about the fulton steamboat. I've not stayed, but it gets great reviews, and is supposed to be great with kids.

Wynnewood...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

The Fulton Steamboat Inn is pretty good; especially if you get a king room with a couch bed/sitting area. Small pool. Quaint tavern and resturant on site. Easy to get to all the attractions.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

We went with the Eden Resort. It was great. Next year I just need to book earlier.

NY
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eden resort vs Willow Valley vs Doubletree

How would the Eden Resort be in the winter? It looks awesome with lots of activities available in the warmer months (shuffleboard, ping pong, pool table, etc) but what about in the winter?

I've been going to Willow Valley Inn for over 20 years, learned to swim in their pools, & we had a trip planned for the new year holiday but they just announced they're closing. I'm heartbroken. The doubletree side will stay open but that's not WV to me.

Trying to find an alternative.