We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

I am looking for a family friendly hotel, farm, bed and breakfast or campground. We are very undecided since some of the reviews for hotels that look nice come back pretty bad. We would prefer to be close to the activities, since we have a 2 year old, but if we found the right place a little further away we would be ok. If it’s a campground must have cabin rentals. Any suggestions? Thank you so much

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

Fulton Steamboat seem to cater to kids and gets very good reviews.

Edited: 9:54 am, August 24, 2011
Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

Agree with Fulton Steamboat for a child that age and for convenience to both Dutch Wonderland and Strasburg Railroad. I have only eve heard good things about it.

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

Does the Fulton have a indoor pool or just outdoor? We are going in October and my son loves swimming. The pool isnt a must have but a bonus if it does.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

The Fulton Steamboat would be an excellent choice. It is a unique hotel which is is very family-oriented and located near many Lancaster Country attractions (such as the Strasburg Railroad, Dutch Wonderland, and Rockvale Outlets). The pool is indoors and I am sure that your son will enjoy feeding the ducks! Hope this helps.

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

Any other suggestions on places to stay. The fulton is $180.00 a night and thats a tad more then we were looking to spend per night.

Maryland
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

We've stayed at Comfort Suites Amish Country on the Lincoln Hwy East strip and Best Western Revere in Paradise, both of which were cheaper than the Fulton Steamboat and both of which I'd recommend. For both hotels, the guests were predominantly families with kids. Comfort Suites is closer to Dutch Wonderland and Lancaster area activities, Best Western Revere might be a little closer to Stasburg. We've never stayed at Hawthorn Suites, but it seemed to me when I was planning our most recent trip that that hotel might be the cheapest one with acceptable to decent reviews on Trip Advisor.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

I'd check out the Comfort Suites, which is fairly new and located off Route 30 near Dutch Wonderland. It has a small indoor pool and offers a free continental breakfast each morning with a variety of hot and cold items.

The Best Western Plus Revere in Paradise is also worth checking out. It is located a few miles east of Lancaster but still close to the Strasburg attractions. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools. It also offers a free continental breakfast.There are two buildings-main and annex. The main building (interior corridors) was built in 1999 and has 66 rooms and suites. The lobby, indoor pool, and continental breakfast are in this building. The annex (exterior corridors) was built in 1970 and houses 24 rooms.

8. Re: Looking for family friendly lancaster lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 12, 2012