We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
771 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

We will be a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 13 year old boys). We are trying to decide which place to stay as both seem similiar, both are in close range of everything and both have good TA reviews.

Has anyone actually stayed at either one or maybe even both and what did you like about it?

Thanks

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

The Fulton Steamboat Inn is always a good choice. It is a very nice (and unique) place to stay in Lancaster County. The Rockvale Outlets are across the street and many of the attractions are nearby (Sight and Sound, American Music Theater, Strasburg Railroad, etc). The rooms were recently renovated and the staff members are both friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool. Huckelberry's, an on-site restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have to admit that I am not very familiar with the Amish View Inn. I think it is a fairly new hotel, built in the past seven or eight years.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
771 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

Thank you. The only thing that disappointed me with the Fulton was that there are rooms on the thrid floor "sundeck" with private balconies but we cannot book that category room because our son and his friend are thirteen and the minimum age for that category room is 16.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

Yes Fulton Steamboat is the better choice. You can get a bunk bed room which the two boys would love and the theming is very nice.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

I've stayed in both, the Amish View Inn is very nice but the Steamboat is nicer in every category. I'm booked to stay there again this week-end and can't wait. The boys will love it regardless of which floor you stay on.

olyphant , pa
Level Contributor
4 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

The Fulton is fabulous. Close to everything...mall...gas....2 major roads. Good food, gift shop. ..lovely pond to sit by...nice play area for kids. Great staff. Crystal at the desk was most helpful and friendly. Clean rooms, lobby , everything. I didn't personally use pool but it seemed very popular....don't often see that at many places. Great for families or couples.

6. Re: Fulton Steamboat in or Amish view Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 26, 2012