We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lancaster Christmas

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lancaster Christmas

I will be visiting Lancaster in December and was wondering what are some holiday activities to visit. Either in Lancaster, Hershey or a nearby area. Thanks!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lancaster Christmas

I will also be visiting in December and there are lots of holiday activities going on....I'm so excited because I've never been there during the holidays so it should be a whole new experience! There is too much for me to list here, but check out www.padutchcountry.com for events listings.

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lancaster Christmas

There are quite a few things to do in the area. Not sure exactly what you were looking for? Kids things or not? Hershey has the Christmas in Hershey at the park. (http://www.hersheypa.com/) I use to take my kids and now my daughter takes her children. Sight and Sound in Lancaster has a great show The Miracle of Christmas (padutchcountry.com/member_pages/Sight___Soun…

Check out the link.

Always great outlet shopping...... Anyway if you are more specific maybe I could give better choices

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lancaster Christmas

There are quite a few things to do in the area. Not sure exactly what you were looking for? Kids things or not? Hershey has the Christmas in Hershey at the park. (http://www.hersheypa.com/) I use to take my kids and now my daughter takes her children. Sight and Sound in Lancaster has a great show The Miracle of Christmas (padutchcountry.com/member_pages/Sight___Soun…

Check out the link.

Always great outlet shopping...... Anyway if you are more specific maybe I could give better choices

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lancaster Christmas

I was going to suggest Sight and Sound, also. We've seen the Christmas show twice, and it's facinating each time. Friends have told us it's as professional as anything on Broadway.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lancaster Christmas

Thanks for the responses! To be more specific I will be visiting the area with my boyfriend (no children) and we are both in our mid-twenties.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lancaster Christmas

We are in our late 20's with no kids....so maybe I can help you :)

We're looking at going to the Feast with Santa at Bube's Brewery. Its adults only and I've seen some good reviews of it. We're also considering the Christmas show at the American Music Theater. We saw the regular review there a few years ago and it was great. Maybe we'll go down to Longwood Gardens - I've heard that the decorations are fabulous. And I'm also thinking of heading to Hershey one night after dinner elsewhere to check out the decorations and have dessert at the Hershey Lodge. Since admission to the park is free I thought it would be a good nighttime thing to do. I also want to do some Christmas shopping at the outlets. And of course I love all of the country gift shops so I am looking forward to seeing what Kitchen Kettle is like at the holidays.

Hope this helps!!!

PS - When exactly in Dec. are you going and where are you staying?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lancaster Christmas

We are planning on going either December 9-11 or the 16-18. Not sure which date yet. We are considering staying at Willow Valley or Fulton Steamboat Inn. Not sure which one yet either, or we may choose another. Any recommendations on hotels as those and Main Stay Suites (in Mountville) are the only hotels I have stayed in when I visit the area. Thanks!

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lancaster Christmas

The Fulton Steamboat is a very unique place to stay. It is a replica of Robert Fulton's steamboat. It is listed on here under Strasburg, PA. I would recommend it over Willow Valley-I haven't heard many nice things about that place lately. You can check out the hotel at this website: www.fultonsteamboatinn.com. I always thought it looked like a neat place to stay. I have never stayed there, as I live only about a half an hour away. I would also recommend the show at Sight and Sound, which isn't far from the Fulton Steamboat. All of their shows are awesome and are worth seeing.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lancaster Christmas

If you want something romantic, I would suggest the Olde

Homestead Suites in Intercourse -

http://www.oldehomesteadsuites.com/

We try to stay there as much as we can. It is small and quiet, but much more private than a regular bed and breakfast.

The Inn at Bird In Hand is also very nice.

We are going to be there Dec 1-4. I was asking about your dates, because there seems to be a lot going on that first weekend. There are several tree lighting types of events in Intercourse, Lititz, and Lancaster, and also some special events at Kitchen Kettle. But I'm sure there will be plenty to do on your dates as well.

PA
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lancaster Christmas

The Fulton Steamboat "looks" like a neat place to stay, but in reality it has seen its better days & is located at a very busy intersection so the noise from traffic is sure to be an issue as well...please look elsewhere as there are many places that are more romantic than this place!