We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

I haven't been to Lancaster in many years, but I do remember that most things were closed on Sundays. Would like to know what is open / closed on Sundays so I can plan my trip accordingly.

Mostly concerned about the following being open on Sunday: restaurants, stores, Dutch Wonderland, Strasburg Railroad, etc.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

It must have been a long time since you were here...

For most businesses & attractions, it is only the Amish & Mennonite owned establishments (and roadside stands) that are still closed on Sundays. In season, for nearly all other stores, restaurants & attractions, the only thing different about Sundays is they open a little later.

You can now even buy beer/wine/alcohol on Sundays between noon & 8pm.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

Kitchen Kettle Village and lots of other stores in Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand and Strasburg will all be closed, too. The outlets will be open.

Steve

NY
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

Yes, Steve is right. The pretty shops on

Rt 340, will be for the most part, closed on Sundays.Not all restaurants are open on Sunday either. Dienners is closed on Sundays. Dutch Wonderland and the Railroad will be open.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
216 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

You are correct in thinking that things close early or are not open at all on Sundays here. However establishments that are frequented by people from out of town are usually open on sundays, especially during the warmer weather.

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

Restaurants will stop seating early on Sunday. In the off season I have seen some places stop seating as early as 6:00pm !!!! Dutch Wonderland is open, again I dont think they stay open as late, and the same goes for strasburg railroad. The outlets open at 12 and I think they close at 5.

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
404 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

Our visitor's bureau publishes a list of things specifically open on Sundays -

go to www.padutchcountry.com

LancasterPA
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

Hi - Here is a link to 4 pages of what is open on Sundays in Lancaster County. Dutch Wonderland and Strasburg Railroad are open as well as many restaurants.

padutchcountry.com/members_website/files/sun…

8. Re: What is Open / Closed on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, October 21, 2009